Good news for Orchard Web Developers. Orchard CMS 1.6 was released today quickly on the heels of Orchard 1.6 RC! This version runs on ASP.NET MVC 4 and NHibernate 3.3 as well as supports ASP.NET Web API and MySQL. There are lots of bug fixes and enhancements so start upgrading your Orchard 1.5 websites to Orchard 1.6.
Orchard and ASP.NET MVC 4
Now that Orchard 1.6 is running on ASP.NET MVC 4, you can utilize all the new features in ASP.NET MVC 4 in Orchard, including:
- ASP.NET Web API
- The New Tilde Slash Feature in Razor 2
- Conditional Attributes in Razor View Engine and ASP.NET MVC 4
- ASP.NET MVC 4 AllowAnonymous Attribute and Authorize Attribute
Orchard 1.6 Tutorials
I just started writing a few Orchard Tutorials on 1.6 and they include:
- Orchard and MySQL
- Orchard and ASP.NET Web API
- Orchard CMS with NHibernate SysCache2 Database Caching
Download Orchard 1.6
Download Orchard 1.6 from CodePlex.