Orchard 1.8.1 was released last week and includes a lot of bug fixes for Orchard 1.8. Unless my clients were experiencing Orchard performance issues or needed a new feature in Orchard 1.8, I recommended they skip Orchard CMS 1.8 and wait for the first maintenenace release 1.8.1 before upgrading their Orchard Website. With the release of Orchard 1.8.1 I have now started upgrading client websites to Orchard 1.8.1. All of the same gotchas for upgrading to Orchard CMS 1.8.1 are the same for upgrading to Orchard 1.8. Most importantly, make sure you assign the site owner to the administrator role before upgrading to Orchard 1.8.x.
Orchard 1.8.1 Bug Fixes
Looks like there are 36 bug fixes in Orchard 1.8.1. The following bug fixes are highlighted in the Orchard 1.8.1 Release Notes:
- Url tokens not working in background tasks
- Decision Activity doesn't work
- Jobs queue don't use the correct priority when created
- Unable to use HasTerms multiple times on the same query
- Media library does not display thumbnail if the urls contains special chars
- Upgraded JSON.NET
- Razor Template Processor is now a separate feature
- Missing Microsoft.Data.Edm dependency
- PublishOwnBlogPost and PublishBlogPost permissions are ignored
- Output cache improvements
- Changing Site owner doesn't work
Download Orchard CMS 1.8.1
You can find download links to both the Orchard CMS 1.8.1 Source Code, Web, and release notes on the Orchard CodePlex Site.
Always read the release notes before performing an Orchard website upgrade. It is highly recommended that you backup your website and database before upgrading your Orchard website.
If you need help upgrading your Orchard Website, please contact me.